Triad Hot Yoga Charitable Giving
Triad Hot Yoga will donate 100% of 2012 profits to Charity. After much research, we feel that Hydrating Humanity (www.hydratinghumanity.org) is money well spent on helping the people of East Africa with their current water crises.
- 3.575 million people die each year from water related disease. That’s equal to the city of Los Angeles
- An average American flushes more water down the toilet before noon every day than a typical person in a developing country has access to for all of their water needs for a whole day
- In the past ten years, drinking dirty water has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since WWII
At any one time, it is estimated that half the world’s hospital beds are occupied with patients suffering from waterborne diseases.
More Facts About Water
- The average distance that women in developing countries walk to collect water per day is four miles and the average weight that women carry on their heads is approximately 44 pounds
- 50’ is the average proximity in feet below the surface for accessing an aquifer where Hydrating Humanity digs wells
- Every 20 seconds a child dies from the water they are drinking
- Every day 4,000 children die from water related illness